We put our bodies through a lot- training, running, lifting weights, sitting at a desk all day, staring at our phones, picking up toddlers etc... it's important to take time each day to be kind to your body. While we're totally familiar with the benefits of breaking a daily sweat and eating right, we are largely neglecting our body's need for gentle, restorative touch. Here are five things you probably haven't thought about self-massage.
- You're connecting the body & mind. Starting your day with a 10 minute self massage can be a great way to center yourself before you connect with the world. A more energetic stroke will help wake you up and energize you, a more leisurely stroke will help you relax. Focus on your breathing to help slow down the mind and bring awareness to your body. Our Eucalyptus + Peppermint blend provides uplifting, invigorating aromatherapy, great to use early in the day.
- You're removing toxins from your body's largest organ. Accumulation of toxins in the body can cause disease, sluggishness and depressed moods. Self massage is a great tool for stimulating the lymphatic system and flushing out impurities so you can feel energized and ready to engage in your life.
- You're clearing a path for your body to heal itself. According to Ayurveda, we all have a life force that flows through our body; a natural intelligence, if you will. Stimulating the body's energetic channels helps this energy to move more freely within us. When this energy is free to move, your body's own healing powers become activated.
- You'll be forever young. Detoxifying, energetic and balancing effects of massage help to promote a more youthful and vibrant appearance. Soft, lustrous skin is a wonderful gift you can give to yourself. Use our Unscented Blend for an ultra relaxing facial massage.
- You're curbing anxiety. Self-care starts from the inside. Self-massage is a nurturing act of kindness that helps turn off your inner critic and allows you to relax into yourself without criticism or judgement. Incorporate our Lavender + Frankincense blend into a night-time massage to relax after a stressful day.